Friday, July 23, 2021

Friday Inspiration 296

This is such a well-paced, honest film illustrating the challenges and joy of single motherhood (video)

 

“One of the most gratifying sounds in sports is the whoosh of a basketball snapping the netting on a perfect swish. Take away the net and all that’s left is the unsatisfying silence of a ball pushing air molecules around as it sails through the rim. Did it even go through? Sometimes it is hard to tell. That’s why Anibal Amador, a 55-year-old former real estate agent from Manhattan, regularly dips into his own pocket to buy brand-new nets for playground rims.

Seinfeld’s iconic apartment is now a Lego set, which you can buy

I have zero experience with Dungeons & Dragons, but I love this idea: “My quest was simple: I’d go hiking and camping for two days carrying all the equipment my [D&D] character carries.

If you have never had the pleasure of reading any of the McSweeney’s Reviews of New Food since they began publishing them, I don’t know, a bajillion years ago, let me recommend this one to get you started

Oreos cunningly packaged as unappetizing brands to deter children and amuse adults

I think this is a pretty entertaining piece of writing about Limp Bizkit, but if Limp Bizkit was/is your favorite band, you may want to skip reading it

I had a great chat with Coach Claire Bartholic about running irrationally long distances on the Run to the Top Podcast last week

 

flow chart

The post Friday Inspiration 296 appeared first on Semi-Rad.com.

Via Explore http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment