Friday, October 15, 2021

Friday Inspiration 303

Billy Yang’s film about Anton Krupicka returning to racing in the 2021 Leadville 100 is great, but I think the music switch at 3:58 is a particularly *masterful* filmmaking move (video)

Adam has a very good point here about news stories about people who survived a few days being lost in the woods

Ted Lasso Is No Superhero

My friend Anna wrote a wonderful piece about how she became a cold-water swimmer and between her, and my wife’s mild obsession/evangelism of the same thing over the past year, I think I might just find the motivation to break my personal cold-water swim record of 1.2 seconds this winter

I just listened to Susan Cain’s book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking on the recommendation of my friend Aaron, who said he was “having my worldview so delightfully reoriented by this book,” and I have to say, SAME. I had to pause it in between chapters to think about my life and identity for several minutes, and now I’m thoroughly confused in the absolute best way. (The book came out in 2012 and was/is a massive bestseller)

Jeffrey Tanenhaus rented a Citi Bike in New York City and pedaled it all the way to Los Angeles and now he has a book coming out

Even though it hasn’t been updated since 2017, I just found out about the Walk of Life Project (through kottke.org), whose central argument is that the Dire Straits song “Walk of Life” is the perfect song to end any movie. Here’s Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Also: I (finally) made some greeting cards! Three different designs, in sets of 10 (see below). I only had 25 sets of each design printed, which is either going to be way too many or not nearly enough.

did you have a good adventure greeting cards

pencil designs and life greeting cards

Plans: Ideal vs. Actual greeting cards

The post Friday Inspiration 303 appeared first on Semi-Rad.com.

Via Explore http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment